The iTP (Instrumented Tubular Plug) system is designed for downhole oilfield service
to monitor physical conditions inside volumes that are closed off and otherwise inaccessible.
The iTP makes such information available to the operator.
The instrument is attached to any commonly used bridge plug or tubing hanger plug with a mechanical connection to the production tubular through a range of X-overs. Communication is encoded, with safety classified to SIL3. Data is transmitted acoustically through several communication paths, between instrumented plugs to a surface mounted amplifier and control unit.
The instrument can monitor
trapped fluid composition
ingress rate and volume
- An instrument that provides the means for downhole wireless monitoring.
- Can be mounted below any kind of plug or hanger and provides real time pressure and temperature data at surface
What it does
- Monitors physical parameters below and above a plug or hanger
- May be used to actuate functions below a plug or hanger
- Can be used for deep applications on electric line
- Acoustic data transfer gives access to real time downhole data using the well tubing/casing as a means of a communication path
- Wireless acoustic communication through tubular to surface
- Does not require any mechanical adaptions
- Barrier verification for X-mas tree change out or maintenance
- Temporary P&A for continuous integrity verification
- Riser less pre-slot recovery for barrier verification of shallow set plug
- Perforation logging and leak off tests
Suitable for my application?
- Rated to 150 degC. Higher temperature rating can be supplied upon special request
For how long can it monitor the well?
- Battery life time will depend upon sampling frequency and well temperature. This can range from 1 week to 5 years or more.
Learn more about iTP deployments and testing in case histories.
"Iconic is focusing on wireless monitoring for downhole and wellhead applications, as well as complimentary products, to be able to make well intervention work in a safer and more cost-efficient manner."
Jarl Endre Pedersen
Download product sheet
Details and specifications
Phone: +47 407 22 232